Truckstop.com has created an ELD marketplace to help carriers navigate the many available ELD options. We’ve researched and vetted many of the vendors in the market today and have brought who we believe are the best into one place for the trucking industry to view and get information. Over the next three months, we will spotlight our selected vendors. To view this marketplace, visit eld.truckstop.com. This week’s spotlight is on HOS-Reporter.
What’s your company background (e.g. when did you enter the market, what’s your specialty, why was the company founded)?
HOS-Reporter is a partnership between Connected-Holdings (3 million + connected vehicles and telematic units with transportation carriers) and Global Telematic Solutions (9 + years of experience in telematics and fleet management). We recognized that the ELD mandate would most negatively impact owner-operators and smaller trucking fleets. HOS-Reporter | Pro was created to specifically benefit smaller trucking operators.
Give a brief overview of your solution(s).
Our solution is both an AOBRD and ELD in one package. AOBRDs are grandfathered under the mandate until December 16, 2019. AOBRDs give owner-operators and small fleets more control and flexibility to edit their logs as they transition from paper logs to e-logs. We provide the highest level of accuracy, completeness, and security, and every element of our solution has been engineered to be easy to use.
How is your solution different from others on the market?
HOS-Reporter | Pro offers:
- The use of an AOBRD for two years and a completely seamless transition to ELD any time before December of 2019.
- The Atlas in-vehicle device is more advanced than most in that it will store data related to driving events when a tablet or smartphone is not present. When the tablet is reconnected, the data is properly restored. This prevents loss of data and will reduce the number of citations for incomplete logs. HOS-Reporter |Pro has you covered.
- We also provide vehicle inspection software and IFTA data to save drivers time, as well as a roadside inspection feature to speed the process with authorized safety officials.
- Our solution includes fully-embedded help in both the app and our online portal. Answers are where you need them when you need them. This makes the app especially easy to learn and use.
- We are also proud that we have virtually every federal exemption, all the state rules and exemptions, Canada and Mexico compliance, and even the Michigan construction season exemption. Many providers didn’t take the time to write code for the dozens of alternate rules. We also offer English, Spanish, and Canadian French versions.
- HOS-Reporter | Pro has the best warranty available. We include a lifetime device warranty and free lifetime support which is 100% US based.
Related content: Read more about our new ELD marketplace
Who is your ideal customer?
Owner-operators and small trucking fleets appreciate the flexibility that AOBRD e-logs afford.
What one piece of advice would you give someone shopping for an ELD solution?
If you don’t yet know the difference between an AOBRD and an ELD, you risk missing out on an option that could make a huge difference in your business and profitability for the next two years.
What are best practices for driver adoption and implementation?
Don’t wait until the last minute to choose a solution. Many of the best solution providers could run out of devices before the deadline. Moving from paper logs to e-logs will take a bit of practice. Mistakes lead to citations and one citation costs much more than the little you would save by waiting.
Why was it important to work with Truckstop.com?
The HOS-Reporter team has been working with Truckstop.com for several years. Truckstop has always been a trusted friend to the small carriers. We adopted the same mentality when designing HOS-Reporter | Pro.
Visit HOS-Reporter on Truckstop.com’s ELD Marketplace here.