Last Updated: January 20, 2023
What do we collect?
We collect information you provide directly to us, including Personal Information (defined below) that you submit to complete a transaction or to receive information you have requested, such as by contacting us or registering to receive product announcements, updates and notifications, as well as content you submit in connection with your access and use of the Services. “Personal Information” may include:
- name, postal address, zip or postal code, email address, telephone number;
- date of birth, demographic information, profile information;
- insurance information, W9/W8 data, government data, agreement/contract information, operating areas;
- payment information, payment preferences, banking information; and
- certification data, licenses, principals, and other information we may collect or a Provider (defined below) may choose to provide us.
- Identifiers (such as contact information, government IDs, cookies, etc.);
- Information protected against security breaches (such as your name and financial account, driver’s license, social security number, username, and password);
- Protected classification information (like race, gender, ethnicity, etc.);
- Commercial information; and
- Internet/electronic activity, geolocation, audio/video data, professional or employment related information.
Information you provide to us.
When you access and use our Services, we collect information about you that includes the following general categories:
- Usage and Preference Information: We collect information about how you interact with our Services, including the types of Services provided, time spent using the Services and other related transaction details. When you access the Services, we may use a web server log to automatically track and collect certain anonymous information, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, referral pages and pages viewed, access times and other relevant statistics, however, this information is not personally identifiable. We also may use common information collection tools like pixel tags (also called beacons or clear gifs), which are small files installed on or called by a webpage or application, to retrieve certain information about your browser or device, including device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address and other similar information. Another common identification technology we may use is cookies, which are small files placed on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device, to help recognize unique users and monitor general traffic and use trends. Cookies help us to understand how you use and navigate our Services and, in turn, how we can make our Services more user friendly. With most Internet browsers, you can erase or reject cookies, or set your browser to prompt a warning whenever a cookie is sent. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. If you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- Device Information: We may collect information from and about your mobile device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, device identification number, serial number, device motion information, mobile network information, device’s telephone number, timestamp, location and stored cookies information. Sharing excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
- Log Information: When you interact with our Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, application features or pages viewed, application crashes and other system activity, type of browser and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
- Location Information: When you use our Services for load tracking, we collect precise location data about the trip from the application used by the driver. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address. If you initially permit the collection of precise location from your mobile device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. This may limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling the collection of precise location from your mobile device will not limit our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
Information collected by our Site or third parties and shared with us.
Site Usage Information includes, but is not limited to: (i) your browser type, device type, carrier (if applicable), device address, operating system, operating system address, IP address and the domain name from where you accessed a Site; (ii) information about your region, continent, country, city, zip code, time zone, and general location; and (iii) information about your browsing activities on and through a Site (also known as “Click Stream” data), such as (a) the date and time you visit one of the Sites, (b) the areas or pages of a Site that you visit, (c) the amount of time you spend viewing a Site or specific areas of a Site, (d) the number of times you return to a Site or a specific area of a Site, (e) the web sites or pages you visited prior to visiting a Site, (f) the websites or pages you visit after you leave a Site; (g) searches you have performed on a Site and on other websites that led you to our Sites; (h) social plug-ins with Truckstop you have interacted on our Sites; and (j) other similar Site usage data (collectively, the “Site Usage Information”).
If you provide or connect your third-party account credentials to an account with our Site, some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your account with us. For example, when you connect with Facebook, we receive and collect your name, email address and profile photo.
Most information captured by Truckstop during this process would be considered business to business information that carriers, vendors and other service providers would use to conduct business.
Cookies and other tracking technologies.
We may use third party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics and AWS, to help us track and analyze the use of our Site and to measure the effectiveness of our systems, Site content, and communications.
To use certain aspects of our services, we may require credit or debit card account information or bank account information. By submitting such information through the services, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with brokers you are connected to through our Services, third party merchants, billing processors, and payment processors. These third parties may store your credit or debit card account information so you can use our services in the future. We do not have your complete credit or debit card account information, store your credit or debit card account information, or have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. While we require that such third-party merchants, billing processors, and payment processors use reasonable procedures to help protect your credit or debit card information, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or Personal Information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by us or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control.
How do we use your information?
We share your information with third parties to provide the Services, including to help you find loads and to better serve all your business needs as a Truckstop customer.
The information we collect may be used to provide, maintain, protect, help improve, develop new functionality, administer, and personalize our Services, provide product and service information, fulfill transactions or requests made by you and give you notices about your account and when application updates are available. The information may also be used to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, and for analytics, industry and market research and such other purposes consistent with our legitimate business needs. Further, we may use certain information for the purpose stated at the time of your disclosure.
Please note that we may share your Personal Information with third parties we use to support our business or with whom we have a business relationship and among each of our affiliated companies. We may also disclose your Personal Information:
(i) If we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order);
(ii) In response to a request by law enforcement authorities; or
(iii) When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
When you agree with another user of our Services to provide load tracking data to the other user, we will provide location information to the user during the applicable trip. By agreeing to provide load tracking data to the other user, you expressly:
(i) agree to permit Truckstop’s applications to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system;
(ii) consent to Truckstop’s use of location-based services, disclosure of your location data to the other user of Truckstop’s Services with whom you agreed to provide load tracking data and disclosure of your location data for the reasons described above about how we may share your Personal Information with third parties; and
(iii) agree to defend, indemnify and hold us and our employees, contractors, officers and managers harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or resulting from you disabling the collection of location information by changing the location settings on your mobile device.
We may disclose your non-Personal Information publicly or to third parties without restriction to, for example, show trends about the use of our Services, as we do not deem such information private or confidential.
How we share your information.
- To third parties for a business purpose, including contractors and service providers who support our products and Services, and to support our relationship with you, such as data validation, credit card processing, email management, or screening;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To auditors and professional advisers like bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers; and
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, subpoena, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Truckstop, our customers, or third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection;
- In the event that of an acquisition, merger, sale, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation or other similar corporate reorganization, where your information may be one of the transferred assets; and
- As otherwise, with your permission or as permitted by law.
We may also share your Personal Information by selling it to third parties, subject to your right to opt out of those sales as required under applicable law. Our Personal Information sales do not include information about individuals we know are under age 16. We may also share Personal Information that has been deidentified or aggregated with third parties for any purpose.
What are your rights?
Rights Concerning Your Personal Information
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your Personal Information, you have the following rights:
(i) Right of access – you have a right to request disclosure of your Personal Information, and to receive additional details regarding the Personal Information we collect and its use purposes, including any third parties with which we share your Personal Information. You also have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
(ii) Right to correct – you have a right to request that we correct any errors, outdated information or omissions in the Personal Information that you have supplied to us.
(iii) Right to be forgotten/Have Personal Information deleted – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records and request that we instruct our third-party service providers to do the same.
(iv) Right of portability – in response to a request for disclosure, you have the right to have the Personal Information we hold about you in a readily usable format.
(v) Right to Opt-Out – you have the right to opt-out of sales of your Personal Information to third parties. While we do not sell or send Personal Information to online marketers or similar third parties, Truckstop’s Services necessarily entail providing your Personal Information to brokers and other companies that utilize Truckstop’s Services to connect with carriers, and Truckstop receives compensation from its providers for these Services.
(vi) Non-Discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against by denying goods or services to you, charging a different price or rate for goods or services, providing a different level or quality of goods or services, or suggesting that we will do any of these things based upon your exercise of any CCPA rights.
(vii) Right to request that your Personal Information not be used to contact you.
(viii) Right to request disclosure of Personal Information collected; and
(ix) Right to request disclosure of Personal Information sold or shared.
If you request that your Personal Information be deleted from our records, there may be a brief delay in our processing that request while we verify that the request is valid and originates from you as opposed to an unauthorized third party. If you request that your Personal Information be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate any account you have registered with us or limit your access to the Services. Please note that third parties must also give consumers explicit notice and an opportunity to opt out before re-selling personal information that the third party acquired from another business.
If you have registered for product announcements, news or updates, we will use your Personal Information to fulfill your request. You may stop receiving any electronic communications from us, including our newsletter, at any time by clicking on and completing the opt-out link provided at the bottom of the applicable email.
How do you exercise your rights?
To exercise any of these rights described above, you may submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Emailing us at email@example.com; or
- Calling us at (800) 203-2540
Requests to access Personal Information can only be made twice within a twelve (12) month period. We will respond within forty-five (45) days of receiving a Personal Information request.
Your choices/ your privacy rights?
If you would like to opt out of receiving direct marketing mail or promotional emails from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-203-2540. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your Profile, relationship, activities, transactions, and communications with us.
If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information with third-party marketers, please contact us at email@example.com or 800-203-2540 and/or click the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link on our website. Please understand that if you do request that we stop sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, such request will only apply as of the date of your request, and we will not be responsible for any communications that you may receive from third parties that received your Personal Information prior to that request. In these cases, please opt out from or contact the third party directly. If you request that we do not share your Personal Information with any third parties at all, then do not use our Services, do not provide any Personal Information in a Profile and if you have already done so and later ask that we do not share such information, then we will have no choice but to terminate our Services.
Do Not Track.
We currently do not participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your information. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit http://allaboutdnt.org
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we take reasonable precautions to protect it. Information that is collected that is deemed to be confidential will be collected using secure socket layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts data sent from your browser to our servers. This data is then also encrypted in our databases, and only accessible by authorized staff within our organization. Additionally, most Internet browsers also offer their own security features that enable end users to control how their transmissions are protected. Please remember, however, that any Personal Information you send to us via the Internet is subject to the risk of unlawful interception by third parties, and that no method of safeguarding information is 100% secure. Further, please note that, in our discretion, aggregated information that contains no Personal Information may not be treated as private or confidential.
The Services are not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of majority in your place of residence, you may use the Services only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under the age of 13 without first receiving his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any Personal Information from or about a child under the age of 13, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the CCPA. We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Truckstop is also required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. Otherwise, we will only process Personal Information for so long as reasonably required to provide the services.
1444 S. Entertainment Ave., 1st Fl.
Boise, ID 83709