Your privacy is important to Truckstop.
Please read the details in each policy or notice below, they apply to the interactions Truckstop has with you and the services we provide.
2. Biometric Data Consent Notice
THIS NOTICE AND CONSENT ALLOWS US TO COLLECT BIOMETRIC INFORMATION AND SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION. PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW THE DETAILS IN OUR BIOMETRIC DATA CONSENT NOTICE PRIOR TO CONSENTING TO THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR BIOMETRIC DATA.
This policy explains what information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it; how we use that information; and how to access and update that information.
Last Updated: June 30, 2023
Protecting individual privacy is important to us. This Policy describes how we collect, use, store, share, retain, transfer, and process your personal information; your choices and rights with respect to your personal information; and how to exercise those rights within your applicable jurisdiction.
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Privacy and any additional terms governing your use of our Services, including applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. We may amend this Policy from time to time by posting the changes on this page. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will provide notice. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES AFTER WE MAKE CHANGES IS DEEMED TO BE ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE CHANGES, SO PLEASE CHECK THE POLICY PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS POLICY, YOU SHOULD NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
This Policy covers:
- Personal Information We Collect and How
- How We Use That Personal Information
- The Legal Basis for Collecting Your Personal Information
- Who is Responsible for Processing Your Personal Information?
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
- Your Rights
- Rights for California Residents
- Privacy Notice to Colorado Residents
- Children’s Privacy
- Sensitive Information
- Protection of your Personal Information
- How to Communicate with Us
- Personal Information We Collect and How
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us, the Services you use, and the choices you make. We collect information about you from different sources and in various ways when you use our Site or Service, including information you provide directly, information collected automatically, third-party data sources, and data we infer or generate from other data. In some cases, this information will be “personal information”, as defined by applicable law. Please note that certain information may be visible to other users of our Service.
Truckstop is a workplace tool intended for use by businesses and organizations and not for consumer purposes. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you hereby acknowledge and agree that consumer laws do not apply. With the exception of certain payment information and account credentials, all information you provide to us: (a) has been or is intended to be made available to the general public by you; (b) is information from widely distributed media such as your website or other advertisement materials; or (c) information you have made available to a third party to which you have not restricted the information to a specific audience. You agree that this information is not considered personal information by law or otherwise.
When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. And you may use web browser or operating system controls to prevent certain types of automatic data collection. But if you choose not to provide or allow information that is necessary for certain Services or features, those Services or features may not be available or fully functional.
Information You Provide to Us.
Examples of information you provide to us include:
- Registration Information: We collect personal identifiers such as your name, email address, postal address, company, telephone number, username and credentials, professional or employment related information, bank account number, and taxpayer identification numbers, URL to a third-party website, username and email address, and credentials such as your password, during account creation.
- Demographic information: In some cases, we request that you provide age, gender, race, ethnicity, and similar demographic details.
- Payment and billing information: If you make a purchase or engage in other financial transactions, we collect credit card numbers, financial account information, and other payment details. We may share payment and billing formation with customers of our Services.
- Professional or employment-related information: Employer name, title, or position.
- Content and files: We collect any code, text, photographs, documents, or other files, including videos or recordings, you upload to our Service; and if you send us email messages or other communications, we collect and retain those communications.
- Feedback and ratings: We collect any feedback or ratings you provide, including through written communications and via surveys.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Transaction information, subscription, account, and licensing data: If you have an account or profile with us, we automatically collect certain information about your transactions on the Services, such as your full name, address, region, state, country, zip code, the date, time, and amount charged.
- Usage information and interactions: If you’re accessing or using our Service, we may automatically or passively collect information about how you use and how your device interacts with the Service. Such information may include, (a) your browser type, device type, carrier, device address, operating system, operating system address, mobile network information, IP address, and the domain name from where you accessed a Site; information about your region, continent, country, city, zip code, time zone, and general location; (b) information about your browsing activities on and through a Site, such as the date and time you visit one of the Sites, the areas or pages of a Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing a Site or specific areas of a Site, the number of times you return to a Site or a specific area of a Site, the web sites or pages you visited prior to visiting a Site, the websites or pages you visit after you leave a Site; (c) searches you have performed on a Site and on other websites that led you to our Sites; and (d) social plug-ins with Truckstop you have interacted on our Sites; and other similar Site usage data.
- If you initially permit the collection of precise location from your mobile device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. This may limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Disabling the collection of precise location from your mobile device will not limit our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
Other Information We Collect
We may combine data from other sources with personal information we collect from you. These other sources may be third parties or publicly available sources such as the Department of Transportation or Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. This information may include that related to your employment, commercial interactions and history, and internet activity.
If you provide or connect your third-party account credentials to an account with our Site, some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your account with us. For example, when you connect with Facebook, we receive and collect your name, email address and profile photo.
When you agree with another user of our Services to provide load tracking data to the other user, we will provide location information to the user during the applicable trip. By agreeing to provide load tracking data to the other user, you expressly authorize our applications to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system; and consent to our use of location-based services, disclosure of your location data to the other user of Services with whom you agreed to provide load tracking data and disclosure of your location data for the reasons described above about how we may share your personal information with third parties. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us and our employees, contractors, officers and managers harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or resulting from you disabling the collection of location information by changing the location settings on your mobile device.
We obtain (a) information from publicly available sources, such as federal, state, or local government records; (b) information We reasonably believe to be made available to the general public by You; (c) information from widely distributed media such as your website or other advertisement materials; (d) and information You have made available to a third party to which you have not restricted the information to a specific audience. You agree that this information is not considered personal information by law or otherwise.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
Truckstop provides Services that may require the disclosure of your personal information to one or more third parties. You are using the Services to interact with one or more third parties and are directing Truckstop to intentionally disclose information in our possession to one or more third parties.
Our purpose for using personal information may include:
- Communicating with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you about our Services via different channels (e.g., by phone or email) and to respond to your requests. We may record and process communications for training, quality assurance, and administration purposes. If required under applicable law, we will obtain your prior consent or give you the option to object to a call being recorded.
- Providing Truckstop Services: We use your information to provide, maintain, protect, improve, develop, and personalize our Services. You are using the Services to interact with one or more third parties and to are directing Truckstop to intentionally disclose information in our possession to one or more third parties as may be necessary to provide the Services.
- Providing, measuring, troubleshooting, and improving our Services: We use your personal information to provide, maintain, improve and develop our Services, including by measuring their use, analyzing their performance, and fixing errors.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend Services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Services.
- Advertising and marketing: We use your personal information to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences, and to personalize, measure, and improve our advertising. We may also use personal information to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Truckstop or its third-party partners, and to invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
- To conduct industry research: We may use, disclose, or aggregate your information to compile analytics, industry and market research and such other purposes consistent with our legitimate business needs.
- Other purposes: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- The Legal Basis for Collecting Your Personal Information
We use the following legal bases for collecting, processing, and disclosing personal information:
- We may collect or process information with your consent, such as when you fill out a form or request information regarding Our Services.
- We may collect or process information to fulfill a legal obligation.
- We may collect information when we have a legitimate interest to do so, such as for marketing, as long as our legitimate interests are not outweighed by your rights.
- We may collect or process information if necessary to protect the vital interests of the user or another individual.
- We may share personal information in response to a legal summons or subpoena, or if required by law enforcement agencies.
- We may collect, use, or share personal information as necessary for the performance of our Services.
- Who is Responsible for Processing Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
We share personal information as described below, including with your consent or as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the services you have requested or authorized. In addition, we may share each of the categories of your personal information described above with the types of third parties described below for the following business purposes:
- Public information: Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on our Site or through our Services, that information may be collected and used by third parties. When you voluntarily disclose personal information you are authorizing and directing Truckstop to publicly display and share your name and certain other information, such as your email, phone number, employment history, post information, demographic data, content and files, or geolocation data with third parties. You agree that this information has been or is intended to be made available to the general public by You; (b) is information from widely distributed media such as your website or other advertisement materials; or (c) information You have made available to a third party to which you have not restricted the information to a specific audience.
- Organizations with which you engage: You may indicate, through your actions on the Site or Services, that you are willing to share your personal information with third parties who also use the Services. In these circumstances, You are using the Services to interact with one or more third parties and to are directing Truckstop to intentionally disclose information in our possession to one or more third parties. Please contact the third party for more information about how they might process your personal information and the ways for you to access, update, alter, or delete your personal information stored.
- Services integrations: You may choose to integrate the Services with a third-party service (provided that such integration is supported by our Services). The provider of this integrated third-party service may receive certain relevant information about or from you or share certain relevant data from your account on the third-party provider’s services with our Services, depending on the nature and purpose of such integration. Note that we do not receive or store your passwords for any of these third-party services (but do typically require your API key to integrate with them).
- Service providers: We share your personal information with service providers who process the information on our behalf to provide or improve our Service. For example, our service providers may perform payment processing, customer support ticketing, network data transmission, web analytics, marketing operations, security, online advertising, and other similar services. In circumstances where we are seeking professional assistance in reviewing or improving our business operations, we may also provide your personal information to auditors and professional advisers like bankers, consultants, lawyers, accountants, and insurers. Our service providers may process data in your region, in the United States, or in any other country where they operate facilities.
- Affiliates: We enable access to personal information across our subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies, for example, where we share common data systems, when affiliates provide services on our behalf, or where access is needed to operate and provide the Service.
- Financial information: To use certain aspects of our Services, we may require credit or debit card account information or bank account information. By submitting such information through the Services, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with relevant third-parties (e.g., brokers) you are connected to through our Services, third party merchants, billing processors, and payment processors. These third parties may store your credit or debit card account information so you can use our services in the future. We do not have your complete credit or debit card account information, store your credit or debit card account information, or have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. While we require that such third-party merchants, billing processors, and payment processors use reasonable procedures to help protect your credit or debit card information, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or personal information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by us or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control.
- For security purposes: We use your personal information as part of our efforts to maintain, monitor and secure our Sites and Services. We may disclose personal information if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to: (a) Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potential security issues, fraudulent or illegal activity on our Services; (b) Prevent physical harm or financial loss; or (c) Protect the rights or property of ourselves, our customers, or others, including enforcing our agreements, terms, and policies – this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations.
- For legal disclosure: In certain cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information. We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order) or in response to a request by law enforcement authorities or regulatory request.
- Change in control or sale: We may use or disclose your personal information In the event of an acquisition, merger, sale, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation or other similar corporate reorganization, where your information may be one of the transferred assets.
- Affiliates: We enable access to personal information across our subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies, for example, where we share common data systems, when affiliates provide services on our behalf, or where access is needed to operate and provide the Services.
- How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
How long we keep personal information that we have collected depends on the type of information, the purpose for which it was collected, and the location of the data source. After a reasonable period of time or the completion of the purpose for which it was collected, we will either delete or anonymize personal information. Truckstop will retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business purpose to do so; for example, to resolve disputes or to comply with ongoing legal obligations.
We retain your personal information for as long as it is needed to provide our Services to you and to fulfill our legal obligations and for a reasonable period of time after such Services are completed.
A cookie is a small data file that is sent to your web browser and placed on your computer or device when you access a website. Cookies allow parties (including us, our service providers and others) to: (a) track your activities on the Sites; (b) recognize your computer or device so that you are able to save your preference and stay logged in to the Sites without having to re-enter your Account credentials; (c) deliver customized content to you; (d) preserve the contents of your session during your visit to a Site; and (3) otherwise enhance and personalize your experience on the Sites.
We may use third party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics and AWS, to help us track and analyze the use of our Site and to measure the effectiveness of our systems, Site content, and communications.
- Your Rights Regarding Access to and Control over Personal Information
Consistent with applicable law, you may exercise the rights described in this section. Please note that some of the rights may vary depending on your country, province, or state of residence.
Accessing, Updating, Correcting, and Deleting Personal Information
You may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information We maintain about you and how we have processed it, update and correct inaccuracies, get a copy of, or delete your personal information. You may also have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by applicable law.
Access and Deletion
You can submit a request to access or delete your personal information, or withdraw consent, by emailing us at [email protected].
Updates and Corrections
You can submit a request to update and correct your personal information by emailing us at [email protected]
Managing Communication Preferences
You can stop receiving promotional e-mails at any time by: (a) Clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email that you receive from us; (b) Emailing us at [email protected]; (c) Calling us at (800) 203-2540; or (d) Mailing us at: 1444 S. Entertainment Ave., Suite 110, Boise, ID 83709 with attention to Truckstop Privacy Team.
Requests to access personal information can only be made twice within a twelve (12) month period.
If you would like to opt out of receiving direct marketing mail or promotional emails from us, please contact us at [email protected] or (800) 203-2540. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your Profile, relationship, activities, transactions, and communications with us.
If you would prefer that we not share your personal information with third-party marketers, please contact us at [email protected] or (800) 203-2540 and/or click the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link on our website. Please understand that if you do request that we stop sharing your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, such request will only apply as of the date of your request, and we will not be responsible for any communications that you may receive from third parties that received your personal information prior to that request. In these cases, please opt out from or contact the third party directly. If you request that we do not share your personal information with any third parties at all, then do not use our Services, do not provide any personal information in a Profile and if you have already done so and later ask that we do not share such information, then we will have no choice but to terminate our Services.
Do Not Track
We currently do not participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your information. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit http://allaboutdnt.org
- Rights for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) applies to information collected from California consumers.
California Shine the Light
Customers who are residents of California may request information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) We share with service providers or vendors for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information, please submit a request to us by emailing us at [email protected] or mailing a request to Internet Truckstop Group, LLC, 1444 S. Entertainment Avenue., Suite 110, Boise, ID 83709.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect and Our Purposes for Collection and Use
You can find a list of the categories of personal information that we collect and how we collect such information in the “Personal Information We Collect & How” section above. We collect and use personal information for the business or commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Personal Information” section above.
CCPA Categories of Personal Information Disclosed and Categories of Recipients
We have collected and disclosed the following categories of personal information below from California residents within the last twelve (12) months for business or commercial purposes to the following recipients: affiliates, services providers, vendors, customers, and other users of our Services:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, email address, phone number, mailing address, unique personal identifiers, device information, online identifiers, internet protocol addresses, cookies, government identification, email address, and account name);
- Commercial information;
- Internet, electronic, or other network activity; geolocation; and audio and video data;
- Inferences to help administer marketing and personalization;
- Load tracking data; and
- Information protected against security breaches (e.g., your name and financial account, driver’s license, social security number, username, and password).
For more information on how your information is shared, please see the “How We Share Your Personal Information” section, which provides more detail on our service providers and vendors. We may also need to share any of the above categories of information pursuant to legal process or because of a business transfer as described in the “How We Share Your Personal Information” section.
Your Rights as a California Resident:
- The Right to Know and Access Information: The categories of personal information We collect is described above in the section entitled “The Personal Information We Collect and How”. California residents may submit a verifiable request regarding the information collected, the types of sources from which personal Information is collected, the purposes for which information is collected, and the specific personal information collected about them.
- The Right to Have personal information Deleted
- The Right to Portability: California residents may request a copy of their personal information in a format that can be transferred to another person or entity.
- The Right to Non-Discrimination: We may not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
You may be asked for more information for us to verify your identity when you make a request. You may exercise your rights by sending us an email at [email protected]
Sale of Personal Information and the Right to Opt-Out
However, we may from time to time contact you about our own or other companies’ goods and services that we think may be of interest to you.
We may share personal information that has been deidentified or aggregated with third parties for any purpose. We may disclose your non-personal information publicly or to third parties without restriction to, for example, show trends about the use of our Services, as we do not deem such information private or confidential.
In the future, we may decide to share your personal information by selling it to third parties, subject to your right to opt out of those sales as required under applicable law. Our personal information sales do not include information about individuals we know are under age 16.
- Privacy Notice to Colorado Residents
- Children’s Privacy
The Services are not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of majority in your place of residence, you may use the Services only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under the age of 13 without first receiving his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a child under the age of 13, please email us at [email protected].
- Sensitive Information
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose on or through our Websites or otherwise to provide your sensitive personal information unless specifically requested by us or required by law.
- Protection of your Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to protect the information we receive from you from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access. We have put in place appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard and secure your information, but no security measures are perfect; the risk of a data breach is possible. To learn more about our security measures, please email us at [email protected].
- Contact Us
2. Biometric Data Consent Notice
This Consent was last updated on November 20, 2023
Please carefully review the details below prior to consenting to our collection and use of your biometric data.
- What is “biometric data”? When we refer to “biometric data,” we mean information about your physical or biological characteristics (some states call these “biometric identifiers”) that identify you. Information like eye, hand, or face scans; fingerprints; and voiceprints may be considered biometric data if they are being used to identify you. As used in this policy, “biometric data” includes any “biometric identifiers” or “biometric information” as defined under applicable law.
- How we use your biometric data. We will only use your biometric data as follows:
- To verify your identity when you are opening an account or using our Services;
- To authenticate use of your account and the Services;
- To mitigate fraudulent uses of Truckstop’s Services or the creation of multiple accounts; and
- To comply with legal obligations or comply with a request from law enforcement or government entities where not prohibited by law.
- How long we retain your biometric data. We will retain biometric data only until the initial purpose for collecting or obtaining such biometric data has been satisfied, absent a subpoena, warrant, or other lawful compelling justification.
- How we protect your data. We are committed to protecting your biometric data. We use reasonable information security safeguards designed to protect biometric data when it is being collected, stored, and transmitted. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- How we share or disclose your biometric information. We will only share your biometric data where permitted by law and in the following circumstances:
- To third party service providers that perform functions on our behalf. These service providers are limited to collecting, storing, or using the biometric data to assist in our provision of the Services and must maintain any biometric data we share in a secure fashion. Truckstop currently uses Ping Identity Corporation as a third-party service provider.
- Changes. This Consent may be periodically updated. From time-to-time we may update this policy to reflect new features or changes in our practices or our Services. We will post any changes to this site.
- Questions? Should you have any inquiries, concerns, or require clarification regarding this process, please contact us at [email protected]. We are committed to addressing your questions and providing the assistance you may need.
By proceeding with the biometric data collection, you explicitly acknowledge that you have read, understand, and grant your consent in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined in this Biometric Data Consent Notice.
This policy was last updated on November 20, 2023
This policy explains:
- What information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- How to access and update that information.
Types of information we collect
This policy covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by Internet Truckstop Group LLC, its subsidiaries and its affiliates during the application or recruitment process including:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information processed during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Truckstop and/or any previous employment history with Truckstop;
- Your information from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile); and/or
- Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview screening process.
How we use information we collect
Your information will be used by Truckstop for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Truckstop;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to Truckstop’s application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests; and/or
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
- As part of our commitment to equal opportunity employment, we may process information regarding your membership in various organizations to support our diversity and inclusion efforts. This may include associating participant membership with sensitive and/or demographic information.
We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of Truckstop, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you are offered and accept employment with Truckstop, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Who may have access to your information
- Your information may be shared with our affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures in the US and in other jurisdictions, in relation to the purposes described above. If you have been referred for a job at Truckstop by a current Truckstop employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the Truckstop employee know the outcome of the process. In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same period as a current Truckstop employee we may consult with that employee for feedback on you.
- Truckstop may also use service providers acting on Truckstop’s behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of the verification and background checks. These service providers may be located outside the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
- Truckstop may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as to local labor authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
- We will also share your personal information with other third parties if we have your consent (for example if you have given us permission to contact your referees), or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Truckstop, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
- It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to Truckstop.
Our retention of your information
If you apply for a job at Truckstop and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), Truckstop will retain your information for a period after your application. We retain this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at Truckstop and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact [email protected]. Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims.
Your rights in respect of your information
In certain countries, you may have certain rights under data protection law. This may include the right to request access or to update or review your information, request that it be deleted or anonymized, or object to or restrict Truckstop using it for certain purposes.
If you wish to exercise a right of access please contact [email protected]. We will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law, and so there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on this page.
U.S. state law requirements
Some U.S. state privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), require specific disclosures for state residents.
This policy is designed to help you understand how Truckstop handles your information. In the sections above, we explain: (1) the categories of information Truckstop collects and the sources of that information; (2) how Truckstop uses information; (3) when Truckstop may disclose information; and (4) how Truckstop retains information. Truckstop does not sell your personal information.
Truckstop also does not “share” your personal information as that term is defined in the CCPA.
State laws like the CCPA also provide the right to request information about how Truckstop collects, uses, and discloses your information. And they may give you the right to access and correct your information, and to request that Truckstop delete that information. Finally, the CCPA provides the right to not be discriminated against for exercising these privacy rights.
If you have questions or concerns related to your rights under CCPA, or would like to exercise your rights, you (or your authorized agent) can contact Truckstop at [email protected]. We’ll validate your request by verifying your interactions with Truckstop and may require that you provide us with additional information, such as any names, phone numbers or email addresses you have used when communicating with us.
The CCPA also requires a description of data practices using specific categories – Categories of information we collect, Business purpose for which information may be used or disclosed; and Parties with whom information may be disclosed.
Categories of information we collect
- Identifiers and similar information, such as your name, phone number, and address; username and password; and unique identifiers tied to the browser, application, or device you’re using.
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, and language(s) spoken. If you choose, you may also provide additional information, like your racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Financial information, such as your current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages.
- Internet, network, and other activity information in connection with your use of Truckstop accounts, systems, and services, such as your search terms; views and interactions with content; and information about the interaction of your apps, browsers, and devices with Truckstop services (like IP address, crash reports, and system activity).
- Geolocation data, including as determined by IP address, depending in part on your device and account settings.
- Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as information transmitted in connection with interviews or phone-screenings you may have, if any.
- Communications data, such as emails that you may send or receive in connection with the application or recruitment process.
- Health information, if you choose to provide it, in connection with the application or recruitment process, such as data you may provide in connection with an accommodations request.
- Professional, employment, and education information, such as information you provide in connection with the application and recruitment process, as well as information Truckstop may otherwise collect through reference checks, criminal and financial background checks (where applicable) and information from publicly available sources, including online, that may be relevant.
- Other information you create or provide, such as the content you create, upload, or otherwise provide in connection with the application and recruitment process.
- Inferences drawn from the information above.
Business purposes for which information may be used or disclosed
- Administrative purposes: Truckstop uses and may disclose information for purposes related to carrying out its application and recruitment process, including for assessing candidates; verifying information and conducting reference checks and criminal and financial background checks (where applicable); communicating with you; responding to requests for assistance with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit (where required); diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging; and other related activities.
- Protecting against security threats, abuse, illegal activity, and violations: Truckstop uses and may disclose information to detect, prevent and respond to security incidents, and for protecting against other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity. For example, to protect our services, Truckstop may receive or disclose information about IP addresses that malicious actors have compromised.
- Auditing and measurement: Truckstop uses information for analytics and measurement to understand use of Truckstop accounts, systems, and services.
- Maintaining our services: Truckstop uses information to ensure our equipment, accounts systems, and services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting bugs and other issues.
- Research and development: Truckstop uses information to improve our application and recruitment process, including improving diversity in recruitment practices.
- Legal reasons: Truckstop also uses information to satisfy applicable laws or regulations, and discloses information in response to legal process or enforceable government requests, including to law enforcement.
Parties with whom information may be disclosed
- Other people with whom you choose to share your information, such as the content you create, upload, or otherwise provide in connection with the application and recruitment process.
- Third parties with your consent, for example if you have given us permission to contact your references.
- Law enforcement or other third parties, in response to legal process or enforceable government requests, and as necessary to identify, report on and investigate violations of applicable laws and regulations.