5 Best Places for Truckers to Get Thanksgiving Dinner in 2022
If you’re one of the thousands of truck drivers on the road this Thanksgiving, making a pick-up or delivery instead of sitting down for dinner with friends and loved ones, thank you! Your dedication keeps America moving, and getting the goods where they need to go is truly something we should all be thankful for—not just on Thanksgiving, but every day. We’ve rounded up some great restaurants that are serving Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and all the traditional trimmings, so you can enjoy a tasty meal and celebrate the holiday with your “extended family.”
Spending Thanksgiving 2022 Behind the Wheel?
Holidays are a busy time – especially for those in the trucking industry. While on the road, wherever you may be, it’s important to sit down for a delicious Thanksgiving meal and enjoy a wide range of classic holiday foods with fellow drivers also spending the day away from family. You play a critical role in ensuring those across the country get food and goods they rely on as they celebrate the various holidays throughout the year. That’s why we at Truckstop are thankful for YOU and all you do day in and day out to keep America running.
The Trucking Industry and Thanksgiving
By the time Thanksgiving rolls around, chances are, many drivers are likely to have had a hectic week, if not month. On top of the current carrier shortage, possible you’ve been busier than ever trying to keep up with demand.
- It’s estimated that truck drivers will deliver more than 46 million turkeys for Thanksgiving alone, which translates to more than 15,000 truckloads. We can’t forget about all the sides and fixings that are also transported by truck, including 80 million pounds of cranberries and 250 million pounds of potatoes.
- And as one of the busiest travel days in North America, whether it’s by train, plane, or automobile, nearly 53 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more. And that requires fuel—which is transported by truckers.
- Nearly $60 million worth of products are bought during the weekend following Thanksgiving, starting with Black Friday to kick off the holiday shopping season. Then of course comes Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday!
None of this would be possible without the trucking industry and the truck drivers who sacrifice their own holidays and time with loved ones so the rest of the country can celebrate ours. While we’re enjoying our delicious holiday eats, scoring stellar Black Friday deals, and spending time with friends and family, truck drivers all over the country are making sure we get the goods on time and in perfect condition.
We are thankful for YOU – not just today, but EVERY day!
Best Places to Eat Thanksgiving Dinner
November weather can be unpredictable, and during this time of year there is always a high possibility you’ll encounter snow, ice, and especially busy holiday traffic. These restaurants can be a sign of rest, comfort food, and nourishment, so you can have a much deserved and hard-earned Trucker Thanksgiving!
- Bob Evans nnation-wide, will be cooking up special homestyle meals all day long, from 8am-7pm Thanksgiving Day. Dine in, get delivery, or pick up curbside.
- Boise Stage Stop, Boise, ID, is cooking up a Thanksgiving feast starting at 10:30 a.m. until the food runs out as part of their Driver Appreciation Day Celebration. Best of all? Show your CDL card and YOUR MEAL IS FREE! (They know how to show a trucker some love!)
- Cracker Barrel, also nation-wide, will offer all your faves: turkey and dressing, sugar-cured ham, sweet potato casserole, biscuits, and pumpkin pie, starting at 11 a.m. You can even join the online waitlist early to get your food even quicker!
- Iowa 80 Kitchen, Iowa, right off I-80 in Walcott, the world’s largest truckstop, is a good go-to if your load takes you through Iowa. You can always count on a satisfying home-cooked meal, and Thanksgiving is no exception. The full buffet will include turkey, ham, dressing, fried chicken, beef pot roast, sides and pumpkin pie as well as other desserts. The buffet will be open from 10:30am-9pm on Thanksgiving Day.
- The Greater Chicago I-55 Truck Plaza, Chicago, is also offering CDL holders a FREE Thanksgiving feast, and if you have a passenger without a CDL, it’s just $12.99!
To all the truck drivers out there from Truckstop, thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!
You are our heroes! We understand all the hard work, commitment, and sacrifice your job requires every day. Our mission is to continuously work on your behalf to supply you with the tools you need to make your work easier and more profitable at every turn. We strive to provide the products that take the heavy lifting off your plate, so you can enjoy the freedom and prosperity you signed up for in good health. Don’t forget to use us to find great loads and get paid faster and ahead of the holiday weekend, you can even use it to find a comforting, homestyle meal along your route! Check it out!
Find out how our platform gives you the visibility you need to get more done.
Get helpful content delivered to your inbox.
You did it!
Please provide email address and choose a newslettter option.
Thank you for subscribing! Watch for an email arriving in your inbox soon.
We are sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.