Name Change. Cargo shield is now called Truckstop.com Cargo Insurance.
Cargo Insurance is still the same great per load cargo insurance you know and trust.
Per-load cargo insurance for both LTL and full truckload.
$12 per load cargo insurance for Brokers and Shippers.
Protect your cargo and your bottom line.Get the insurance that puts you in the driver’s seat. Cargo Insurance standardizes cargo coverage and puts claims control back in your hands. Get hassle-free coverage in just minutes, with claims processed in 30 days or less.
Create your file of covered loads.
Log into your Cargo Insurance Account.
Drag and drop your file.
Review your order and submit.
Print, store, or share your declarations.
- View Policy
- View Declaration – Truckload
- View Declaration – LTL
- Quick Reference Guide – Truckload
- Quick Reference Guide – LTL
- Broker’s Guide to Cargo Insurance
- Coverage Comparison
- Commodity Schedule
Report a Claim
- Examine packaging and take action:
- Write comments clearly on all shipping receipts about any irregularities, even if minor.
- Verify that container seal numbers match those noted on documents.
- Notate when a seal is broken.
- Preserve all packing, damaged goods, and seals until further advised.
- Retain all salvageable products until further advised.
- Be as specific as possible in your documentation and take photos, if possible.
- Prevent further loss or damage. For example:
- Separate wet cargo from dry cargo.
- Re-pack to prevent further loss or damage.
- Move goods to a secure location.
- Notify Carrier(s) immediately:
- All carriers must be notified in writing immediately to avoid time-bars releasing them from their responsibility.
- Concealed damage must be reported within five days of receipt or it will be time-barred.
- All claims must be filed electronically at www.coveragedock.com. Please note that all form fields must be completed.
- Retain all documents and submit copies to www.coveragedock.com including:
- Copy of Insurance Declaration
- Commercial Sales Invoice(s)
- Non-Negotiable copies of all Bills of Lading
- Copies of all Delivery Receipts at each point in transit, with exceptions noted thereon
- Statement listing exact amount being claimed and/or repair estimates (if applicable)
- Photographs of damage (if applicable)
- Carrier’s confirmation of non-delivery (if applicable)
- Obtain a Claim Confirmation Notice from the insurance company immediately!
- Check on the status of your claim at www.coveragedock.com.
Purchase cargo coverage in your TMS.
Purchase per-load “all-risk” shipper’s interest cargo coverage, right within your own TMS.
View our list of available integrations!
See what others are saying about Cargo Insurance.
Enjoy business growth with peace-of-mind, differentiate your business, and solidify your customer relationships.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is “All-Risks” Cargo Insurance?
An “All-Risk” cargo insurance policy is the broadest form of shipping insurance and will cover any physical loss/damage from any external cause subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. This insurance will also cover things not normally covered in your Truckers insurance policy Like Acts of God, unattended vehicles, damage from strike and riot and hijacking to name a few.
Is this insurance primary or excess?
This insurance is primary and non-contributory. What does that mean? This policy will respond first on behalf of the owner of the goods in the event of a claim. Be sure to follow all the instructions given on the website when you have a claim.
The trucker has insurance right? Why would I pay to insure something that the Trucker is already covering?
True, the trucker has Motor Truck Cargo Legal Liability insurance. However, many of these policies have common exclusions that are covered by Cargo Insurance like unattended vehicle, unknown commodities, Acts of God broader coverage territory and commodities for instance.
When does the coverage start and end?
Coverage begins when the Trucker picks up the freight from the Shipper and stops when the freight is signed for by the consignee.
How much does it cost?
Cargo Insurance coverage costs $12 per-load or LTL.
How do I pay?
Establish a Cargo Insurance account. Total daily purchases will be pulled by secured ACH withdrawal that night from your authorized bank account.
How do I receive confirmation of my coverage?
An on-line receipt will generate at the time of purchase. Retrieve your Declaration of Insurance certificates when required at the secure Declaration Repository located within Cargo Insurance.
What if I don’t need the coverage after buying it?
Coverage is non transferable and not refundable.
Where will my load be covered?
Your Cargo will be covered in the Continental United States and Canada.
So what commodities are not insured by Cargo Insurance?
Lawful goods of every description with exception to the most limited excluded freight in the industry as follows:
- Autos and Motorcycles (Unless Crated)
- Boats and yachts
- Cash, Coins, Securities and other Negotiable Papers
- Ceramic, Marble and Granite Tiles, Blocks and Slabs
- Cigarettes and other Tobacco Products
- Computer and or Electronic Components Assembled on Racks
- Computer Memory Modules and Cards
- Fine Arts
- Fresh Foods and other Perishables (except frozen foods in reefer trailers)
- Gaming Consoles/Systems, Handheld Electronic Devices or Electronic Games for same
- Jewelry; Precious Stones and Metals
- Laptop and Tablet Computers or Similar Devices
- Live Animals
- Mobile/Cellular Telephones or Similar Devices
- Personal household goods and personal effects
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Rolling stock
- Windows, Plate Glass and other similar Fragile Items
When do I need to file my claim?
Claims should be filed as soon as possible to allow Adjusters to work on your behalf to get settlement as soon as possible. However, claims for Concealed Damage must be reported no later than 5 (five) days from receipt of the Cargo.
Where do I file my claim?
Claims can be filed online through the claims portal https://www.coveragedock.com/. Please note that no login or password is needed.
How long will it take to pay my claim?
By following the simple claims reporting guide your claim can be paid in as little as thirty days. Remember to fill out ALL of the fields.
Why do I need to report my claim online?
Filing online through Cargo Insurance is the quickest way to get a claim adjuster assigned to your claim and is available 24/7 365 days a year. Also, by filing online, it will give you a documented timeline and information of the loss. Don’t worry if there is a conversation necessary, the adjuster will promptly contact you.
Will an "All-Risks" policy cover everything?
No, there are some things that will not be covered such as inadequate or insufficient packaging. To be considered sufficient, packing should be able to withstand frequent handling or jarring and extremes of temperature, humidity and should discourage pilfering. Other notables not covered are: inherent vice, loss of use or market or actions of the shipper. For specific questions, give us a call at (844) 243-8331.
Can I insure a trailer?
Trailers are considered rolling stock therefore excluded under the policy.
How about refrigerated goods?
Cargo Insurance is only accepting frozen goods at this point. Frozen is best be described as goods needing to be stored and transported at Zero degrees Fahrenheit or lower. If you have a question please do not hesitate to call us at (844) 243-8331.
What are the Broker & Shipper benefits of Cargo Insurance?
- Enjoy quick and affordable standardized cargo insurance on a per-load basis providing the broadest coverage form for cargo insurance for the freight industry, including: Acts of God, losses out of your control, unattended vehicle, cargo loss resulting from a delay in transit, damage from strikes, riots and civil commotions --with only limited excluded commodities.
- Remove the requirement and exposure to manage and track the various motor carrier cargo coverage forms.
- Solidify the relationship between you and your customer.
- Opportunity to differentiate your business from competitors.
- Professional and expedited claims process.
- Coverage territory of the continental U.S. and Canada.
- Electronically store, manage, and pay for insured shipments online.